Wednesday, September 04, 2013

The Hang - UKCPS 12th Annual Open International Exhibition 2013

Further to my Review - UKCPS 12th Annual Open International Exhibition 2013 - one of the comments I made was that it was a pity there were no photographs of the hang of the exhibition on the website.

I take that comment back! I've now found the UKCPS's Facebook Page and the Gallery of 16 photos which display the hanging of the exhibition in the Pavilion Gallery at Patchings.

Gallery of 16 photos of the UKCPS Exhibition at Patchings on the UKCPS Facebook Page
I still think it's a pity that the same photos aren't also available on the UKCPS website - however since this is a Facebook Page the content is public and can be viewed by all members and anybody else who would like to take a look. 

It just goes to show the value of an Art Society having a Facebook Page!

I'm not going to comment on the hang - I'm on my way out the door for a day's sketching (in coloured pencils of course!) on Hampstead Heath - but I would encourage you to take a look and see what you think.  

For me it certainly highlighted a few works which caught my eye.  Size as always helps. Matting and framing make a very big difference to presentation. I was particularly impressed by the presentation of Kate Clarke's work which looks very pleasing - and innovative.

Regular readers will be aware that one of the things I do in reviewing annual exhibitions is highlight "the look" in terms of current trends in hanging - and also how work is hung.

I think it's about time I pulled together the themes which run through those posts - and I must get on and do a series of posts about matting, framing and hanging artwork in exhibitions.  They've been on my "to do" list for too long!

Link: United Kingdom Coloured Pencil Society

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.